Instagram is leading the ranking with respect to social networks. Previously, Snapchat was the main competitor of Instagram. On a daily basis millions of its users are sharing their adventures, filtering 24 hours a day. Six months ago, Snapchat was leading as the most innovative social platform.
Watching that, Instagram decided to make a step forward by adding a new feature “Instagram Stories”. So, what does that mean? In general terms, it is a snapchat integration on Instagram.
What are the final results? Instagram stories are invading Snapchat. Every day Snapchat is losing its users and their followers to Instagram.
From now on, Instagram allows you to publish short stories faster, reply to photos and comments, upload new photos and reply to previous messages. Having an easy and comfortable way to use technology is a key priority for those of generation 3.0 and Instagram certainly meets that special niche.
Even though there are still some nice functionalities to add to Instagram (such as face filters, to change the voice), we are sure that Instagram will continue strongly into its brilliant future.
How to create a story on Instagram?
Let’s see step by step how to create your gallery on Instagram:
- Click “more” button on the upper panel of the application or just swip down to the right.
- Click the central button if you want to make a photo or click several times if you want to record the video.
- Apply any filter that you want and include texts and emojis .
- Push the down button with an icon (+) at the right side.
- You story is ready and you can watch it as much as you want but only during 24 hours.
Formats for “Instagram stories” and some tips on how to use it
Every day new functionalities are being introduced. Here is a quick look at the most common ones:
- Traditional photo: the photo with an external camera or selfie.
- Video: tap the circle button at the bottom of the screen and hold to record a video of up to 15 seconds.
- Boomerang: choose the option “boomerang” to create funny formats of your brand material. It looks like a video but in gif format.
- Filters: you can apply all the traditional filters to your stories! Make your story a miracle!
- Pen icon: with different pens you can paint or write inside your images. There are three types: traditional pen, marker and a pen which makes your sketch look like a neon sign.
- Emoji: make your stories brighter with emojis. Which is your favorite?
- Location: with the location feature you can change and add your location in the same way as the traditional location feature in Instagram.
- Stickers: moreover, there are stickers! There are holiday stickers which are constantly changing depending on the current season.
- Tag a person: you can tag a person so that your followers can have direct access to his or her profile.
Tricks and tips:
- Save your story: You can save all your Instagram stories as a memory.
- Block the users who you don’t want to watch your stories: You can always block your haters or simply some users so that they have no access to your Instagram Stories.
- Publish a story as a normal publication: If you like your photo, video or boomerang posted in your Instagram Stories, you can share it with just one click as a normal publication.
- Discover who is watching your stories: with the “eye” option you can monitor who is watching your stories.
The latest features
Every day Instagram Stories introduces new features. Most likely, in this moment while you are reading this article, something new will have been launched. Let’s see the latest functionalities of Instagram:
- Instagram Live: the same as periscope or Facebook Live, Instagram allows us to do videos streaming in from the app. Many brands and influencers have already started to use this feature.
- “Read more” Button for Instagram’s account with a verified badge. We hope that very soon this functionality will be available for the rest of Instagram users. Instagram profiles with a verified badge can add a link to the story which will redirect the reader directly to the web or platform. The link is activated by swiping down over the post.
- Hands-Free: for those stories where you need both hands. Furthermore, this feature can help you to record videos without pushing any buttons
- Hyperlapse: the latest functionality of Instagram Stories is the “hyperlapse”. This feature allows to record time lapse, modify video speed and share your story directly on your Instagram.
We hope that this practical guide for your Instagram Stories will be useful for you. Follow us and be first to get up to date information! As as far as we see it’s just the beginning for social media.
Read our posts and recommendations on how to use Instagram to increase your online sales!