5 tips to create a successful fashion brand
There is no doubt that today the launching of an online store is an easy process thanks to the internet. Why do you need a physical point of sale to sell your products these days? Today, online stores are a new way to start your own business and to earn a little extra. Let us give you some advice for creating your own clothing brand and to be a winner with online sales.
If you are dreaming about having your own fashion brand, now is the time. So, where to start?
Find a specific market niche
The apparel market is very competitive so remember to find and make yourplace in it. Your online store should focus on two things:
- Choose a unique product
- Find a special product (clothing or accessory) which is not yet sold extensively in your geographic area or location
Once you have made a decision about the product you are going to sell, it´s time to build your online store.
Marketing plan and social networks
To reach your potential clients, you priority task is to create a marketing plan. Your future customers will never get to know you if you do not have a digital and social media “voice”.
Word-of-mouth is still one of the best techniques available to promote your brand. People trust their own opinion leaders and influencers (families and friends) when making a purchase decision.
Nowadays without a digital presence the brand is dead in the water. Your online brand reputation is cultivated by your social media presence. For an online clothing store Instagram is the most efficient social network to increase sales and gain brand awareness. Find a social network which is ideal for your niche market! All social media platforms offer plenty of opportunities for better product exposure and promotion:
- Publish and share your products on your social media networks and start to sell to your fans and followers via our Bloombees app.
- Create and publish engaging and emotional content about your brand (stories about why you have decided to start your own brand…). These types of stories create emotional bonds between your brand and your customers and can ensure brand loyalty flourishes.
- Inform your customers about your sales and offers in order to help especially promotion-prone customers to start to purchase.
A good website for your online store
If we are talking about an online store, we should think about the best platform for it. We recommend our Bloombees app as it is a unique platform which allows you to sell via your social networks with almost 20 integrated payment methods, and it has a personal dashboard to manage your orders, stock levels and balance. Thanks to the Bloombees Shipping service, you can automatically organise delivery of all your orders.
As your online customers cannot touch and feel your products in person, you should showcase your products as well as possible. When you are publishing your products, take into account the following tips:
- Upload high-quality photos: the photos which you have in your product catalogue are the only possibility you have to make your potential clients fall in love with your brand. We recommend you take photos from different perspectives and angles, especially if you have an online clothing store. Publish real photo so as not to create false expectations of your products.
- Add well-structured product descriptions to attract your customers: get to know your target public and write a nice product description according to their tastes. Do not forget to mention type of material, price and sizes available.
Find a good USP and monitor your competitors
What is the value proposition of your product? What are the differentiation features of your brand compared to others? Define your USP (Unique Selling Proposition). Your USP can help you to differ from among your competition. Add value to your products so that your clients know that the things that you are selling are special and unique (style, price, exclusivity etc.).
Investigate your competitors. Such analysis can help you to get a global vision of your sector, open up to you new opportunities and possibilities and at the same time you can identify possible threats to your success. Better understanding of your competitors is a step towards finding a space for your brand to develop in a direction which is not yet occupied by others.
Don’t forget about SEO
Online stores are very vulnerable to a modern digital world that is changeable and unstable. In order to succeed, try to publish good content with proper keywords that your potential clients are looking for.
The SEO process is not a short-time objective and it can give good results from at least six months’ duration. If you want to know a bit more about SEO, read our blog post about the basic concepts of SEO and SEM.
Here is some advice for your successful SEO:
- Include keywords in your product descriptions. Do you know why keywords are so important?
- Share your web content and your products as much as you can on social networks.
- You can divide all your products into product categories in your online store so that your customers easily find what they were looking for.
- Try to build your own database of digital contacts through a Link Building Strategy.
Now is the time to start your online fashion store! Create your online store on Bloombees and start to sell worldwide via your social networks.