Ecommerce never sleeps and moreover on Black Friday. Find out some tricks for your ecommerce
Black Friday is an American phenomena which is celebrated the next day after Thanksgiving Day and which opens Christmas shopping season. For the first time the concept “Black Friday” was mentioned in 1924 when the Friday after Thanksgiving Parade was announced as Christmas shopping season.
Usually, on this day all big commercial centres are opened at 5 p.m. Huge crowds of people are staying 5-6 hours in a queue to buy Christmas gifts at low prices, but the actual panorama shows that today more and more customers instead of spending dead hours in a queue, prefer to shop online.
How to prepare your online store for Black Friday 2016 on 25th of November and achieve the highest benefits?
- Plan in advance the whole campaign. It´s of high importance to check search tendencies using, for example, Google Trends, and find out new ideas for product promotions for Christmas season. One of the fundamental rules of successful ecommerce is get to know how the customer is shopping online and when.
- Start to create engagement content for your website one month before. Just after Halloween, the searches for such terms as “Black Friday”, “Christmas presents Black Friday” are starting to increase, that´s why don´t forget to:
√ Generate a high-quality content for your website and for social media about future Black Friday discounts at your online store. Do you know how to use social media for ecommerce?
√ Keep intrigue with your clients during the whole November. Launch teaser campaigns, establish Black Friday countdown timer on your website. Engage claims and tag lines in your social media will help you to capture your clients´ attention.
√ Update your website. It is recommended to upload a thematic Black Friday image for your Home page and to create a serie of landing pages for different product categories with discounts for Black Friday.
- Optimize the time speed of your website. For Black Friday, all online stores are expecting to achieve high traffic. That´s why it is important to have well-prepared website. Use Page Speed Tools to check the time speed of your website for mobile and desktop.
- Comprise all the images of your products using kraken.io tool
- Reduce the size of CSS (Cascading Site Sheets)
- Plan emailing campaign. It is recommended to send emailing to your clients two weeks before the Black Friday. I you have already defined our clients´segments and have started to use some CRM tools, probably you would like to send personalised emailings offering tailored products with discounts based on your clients previous preferences and purchases.
- Be sure that your website is responsive for mobile devices. Use User-Friendly Test Tool.
- Contact with bloggers and influencers of your niche market and send them a brief about your future Black Friday campaign.
What´s the plan for Cyber Monday?
In spite of the fact that 50% of purchase are making online, Cyber Monday is still considered to be one of the most important days for online shopping. Most of the people are going to shop online from their offices on Monday.So, remember to:
√ Check that you have all the products with discounts in stock.
√ Prepare creative home page for Cyber Monday.
√ On Saturday and Sunday launch a teaser campaign of future. Cyber Monday discounts in your social media.
And last but not least…
There are only 3 weeks left before the most important shopping event of the year and at Bloombees we are having something special for your online store. Are you ready?
And remember…the formula of success for your ecommerce this Black Friday is to SHARE, SHARE and SHARE your products in your social media
Do you know all the opportunities for your ecommerce with Bloombees? Your Instant Commerce is beginning just now.